Contact us


Our primary contact for the Prudhoe area is our County Councillor

Gordon Stewart.

He can be contacted –via the below methods. 

Gordon is available every day of the year.- Unless urgent it would be best to contact him via e mail.



Gordon Stewart (Prudhoe South)

 e mail –

Mobile 07779983093

whatsapp  via the above number

Offices.- Incl postal address.

County Hall address:
Northumberland County Council
County Hall
NE61 2EF

Northumberland Conservatives
1 Meal Market, Hexham,
NE46 1NF
01434 603 777 (Hexham office)
Where is the Prudhoe South ward-

(Map showing ward areasClick here  Use the search facility & look for Prudhoe South )

Basically – From south of Stomping grounds at the top of Moor road, Park lane etc Oaklands estates, West Wylam, Cottier grange, all of the front street, and a few streets in Castleflelds to the south.




Online meetings.

We are now well versed in such meeting via zoom/ Google meet etc

 If you would like to chat virtually please get in contact via e mail first.

Prudhoe social media platforms.

We can not act upon comments made via social media & will not enter into discussions in such a way, preferring to talk !

If you do not have social media accounts you will still be able to read the posts via the feeds on this website.



Facebook- Three platforms.

Prudhoe matters – Official notices / information.

&  Prudhoe Northumberland – Supporting our local business & wider community.

Tynedale Jobs – Employment opportunities.


Prudhoe Conservatives


Prudhoe Conservatives

Website –

This website has a range of information available to assist residents.

Councillors surgeries

Details will be posted on this website – news section & also via  social media platforms.

Street Surgeries

These may be pre announced via social media, but generally will take place when a meeting has concluded early and the Councillor will mention via social media that he will be in a particular area for a approximate period of time (if appropriate), he will not normally call upon residents but may introduce himself as he walks around, residents are invited to approach him if they wish to chat.

In addition checking on NCC property such as roads, bins and lights.

The street surgeries are a relaxed way of keeping in touch, they may last longer than indicated if residents have queries or shorter dependant upon various factors such as being called away to deal with an issue.

Don’t wait until a street surgery takes place on your area if you have a query, just get in touch by phone or e mail. 

Multi agency walkabouts.

These are occasionally organised  and advertised on this website and social media.

These walkabouts may involve NCC officers such as highways, local services,animal welfare,Social housing providers. PTC reps.

Out & About.

Please feel free to chat to your Councillors when they are out & about, this may be at community events such as coffee mornings or just when you see them in the streets.


Gordon will ask residents views on subjects by way of surveys- This is another way in which views can be expressed.

Tynedale area council meetings – held most months.

Please see details on the NCC website 

We can’t solve all issues but …..

On most days we can receive numerous requests, these may be via e mail,texts, letters or verbally.

Sometimes the requests may not be within our remit to deal with e.g Police / social housing / private land / family disputes / medical and a lot more besides.

We get asked to deal with issues in another Councillors ward but this would be inappropriate for us to do so.

But we are happy to support the residents if they contact us to try to deal with matters in our remit as quickly and effectively as possible, and sign post the resident to other support if practicable.

How to report issues- 

Check out the NCC website for a range of methods to report any concerns residents may have. Click here

Social housing issuesClick here

Northumbria PoliceClick here

Northumbria Water Click here

Powergrid – Click here

Prudhoe Town Council – Click here

How we can help.

We receive dozens of enquiries per week from residents, many of these are referred onto other organisations such as housing providers or NCC departments.

We will confirm that we have sent the enquiry onto the appropriate person etc, and we may ask them to contact the resident directly.

At times the contact will need reminding, please be assured that we would have done as we indicated and feel free to contact the Councillor if you do not get a response.

But note the result of the enquiry may not be what the resident wished for.


Guy’s Office


Suite 2, St Matthews House, Hexham, NE46

E mail (Office)


01434 603 777 (Hexham office)


Websites – Click here



Want to help us improve Prudhoe ?

Help to tidy up ? Deliver leaflets  ?  etc etc Please get in touch.

We realise that a large number of people do not have access to the internet, and we will continue to seek peoples views or communicate with them via other methods such as letters and even good old fashioned talking face to face.

Regular articles are published in the Hexham Courant.